ABOUT ME

My name is Tek Man Shakya. I am a professional journalist and fact-checker from Nepal with extensive experience across radio, television, and digital media. I have been actively working in journalism since 2009 A.D. (2066 B.S.), beginning my career in radio journalism and gradually expanding into television and online journalism.

Currently, I am affiliated with Nepal FactCheck.org as a fact-checker, where I work to verify information, counter misinformation, and promote accuracy and credibility in the media. Fact-based reporting, ethical journalism, and public accountability are central to my professional values.

Over the years, I have gained hands-on experience in news reporting, editing, program production, broadcasting, and digital journalism. My work spans breaking news, investigative reporting, current affairs programs, and online news content. Having worked in both national and local media outlets, I possess a strong understanding of Nepal’s media landscape and audience needs.

At present, I serve as the Executive Editor of NepaleseTimes.com, where I oversee news content, editorial standards, and digital publishing. I am actively involved in shaping editorial policy, mentoring journalists, and ensuring that published content meets professional and ethical standards.

Professional Experience

Ujyaalo Radio Network 90 MHz, Kathmandu – News

Nepal FM Network 91.8 MHz, Kathmandu – News

Yoho Television, Kathmandu – News

Radio Reeyaz 96.8 MHz – News

Gorkha FM 93 MHz – News

Mero FM 93.5 MHz, Kathmandu

Radio Dhading 106 MHz – Program Production

Radio Bihani 97.6 MHz, Dhading – News and Program Production

Current Focus

With a strong foundation in traditional media and a growing focus on digital platforms, I am currently engaged in online journalism and video-based content creation. I aim to deliver reliable, fact-checked, and impactful journalism through digital storytelling, helping audiences make informed decisions in an era of information overload.

I am particularly interested in developing news explainers, fact-check videos, media literacy content, and investigative stories that contribute to a more informed and responsible society.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

एमाले महाधिवेशनका केही भाइरल फोटोहरु यसकारण भ्रामक

के उम्मेदवारी दर्ताका दिन बालेन रिसाएको भिडियो एआईबाट बनेको हो ?